Thursday, September 25, 2008

UV Mapping!

practice on my gestures again. Today can't seems to draw right. can't seems to able to capture the essence correctly. Maybe today is a little too stressed out. But still i enjoyed it. just drew few pages and stop for the 30 seconds pose. Proceed with selecting a pose and study it. enjoyed it so far. Was listening to music when i start, but then it get's a bit frustrating, i remember reading from the book "Animator's Survival Kit" it says, never listen to anything while you're animating, you got to concentrate! therefore i switch off the music. And try again, well yeah it works, it kinda calms me alot and able to concentrate more on the curves and direction. but cant get too far. It squeezes my brain too much. Read that gestures are good for training our Right Brain, which most artist are weak at. oh well. more training tomorrow then.



Work has been "challenging" lately, because i have to work on the same thing for a period of time. Have been creating environment props ... rocks and boulders all the while. Finished some sets recently and the art directed wanted me to polish up the textures for the previous models that i've done. There's quite a number of them. So it's a good practice for me. Trying my best to make it looks great! They have great library of textures that the artist have came up with. and also a very cool texture system that enable to randomize the textures instead of repeating the same one. So i've been UV unwrapping and mapping, applying textures, applying shaders/ materials. It gets really repetitive, i still have alot to go. those that i've crazily created. Now im suffering :D. But im doing my best, will make it perfect, digging out all the textures they have, because i got bored with those "default" ones. but I'm doing great! Still having lots of fun. :D I know someday this UV mapping skill will come in handy ;D I like being trained hard. I'll be patient. start slow building a stronger base before i move up. 

No comments: